Author Topic: Kudos :)  (Read 65457 times)

foxeye

Kudos :)
« on: February 23, 2009, 12:13:21 am »
Thank you to the SMG team for producing such a great mod for SMF. I've been spending the past two days working up a prototype for a new fanart site, and every few minutes there's some feature or other that gets a "neat!" out of me (love the forum embedding tags, and the "zoom").

I'll be following your progress avidly, as no doubt I'll be eager to glomp onto the latest features as they come out.

Nao

• WEDGE!
Re: Kudos :)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 06:41:11 pm »
Fanarts for what? :)
« Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. » (Homer Simpson)

Developer of Wedge, the SMF fork.
No PM support! Or I'll eat you with salad and garlic sausage.

foxeye

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 04:37:18 pm »
ElfQuest. There used to be a central fanart site, then the owner disappeared and the domain was lost. That comic generates so much fan art that I figured someone had to bring back the old playground. :)

I will, of course, share a link to it once it's up.  Lots to learn and tweak before then, of course. 

Nao

• WEDGE!
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 04:24:12 am »
ElfQuest is cool! I used to read some of it, 15 years ago. Is it still alive? Eheh.
« Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact. » (Homer Simpson)

foxeye

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 11:24:30 am »
Yes, it's still kicking. :)  There've been some new stories in the past fifteen years, both by the original artist and by other artists (some good, some bad). 

There is supposedly going to be one more big story by the original team, but for the moment the big to-do is that they've again found someone to work on the movie.  Directed by the guy who did the movie Dodgeball (evidently he's a big fan).

In any case, if you ever wanted to catch up, they actually have all the comics online these days at elfquest.com. :)

Nao

• WEDGE!
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 05:23:28 am »
Uh, they're planning to do a movie out of it? Why not :)

foxeye

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 11:48:51 am »
Evidently it has always been a major goal of theirs....they've tried many many times over the years.

And the site is up!

http://www.elfquestfanart.net/index.php

Nao

• WEDGE!
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 12:14:56 pm »
The gallery looks cool on that theme... :)

Dragooon, don't you like it? ;)