Author Topic: Can a forum user opt-out of the mobile theme?  (Read 14889 times)

Schprocket

Can a forum user opt-out of the mobile theme?
« on: October 22, 2013, 05:43:55 am »
This doesn't bother me personally but on the forum where I'm considering applying SMF4Mobile, I know of at least one user who's likely to be disturbed and say that he actually wants his browser to show the full-site - TinyPortal and all - on his 4" screen.

Is this something that a user can opt-in/out of via the mod?

I realise that some/all (?) the (Android) browsers may be set to "spoof" the browser check but that may be confusing for the user, hence the question.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 06:57:53 am by Schprocket »

Illori

• Global moderator
Re: Can a forum user opt-out of the mobile theme?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 10:13:53 am »
he/she just has to click on the go to the full site link at the bottom of the mobile theme page.

Schprocket

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 05:51:18 pm »
Yes,  that's what you would think is obvious and should suffice but the question is:
How do mobile users set up their account if they want to see the full site by default?

This is similar to an earlier question regarding tablets being able to go directly to the full site except I'm asking if the "landing option" is user configurable.
Cheers!

Illori

• Global moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 05:00:15 am »
i would think that once a user decides on their device to go back to the full site as long as they dont clear their cookies it should stay that way. otherwise there are no config options for this.

Schprocket

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 04:13:17 am »
Thanks Illori, that answer still helps - it's more so I can prepare myself with answers for any potential user "waaaahs" following implementation :)