Author Topic: How are Multicolum-Forums displayed ?  (Read 8877 times)

Broxi

How are Multicolum-Forums displayed ?
« on: January 27, 2013, 09:01:10 am »
I use 2 Columns in my Forum. On the left some of the informational Content like UserBox, Newest Posts and Statistics, on the right the Forum content. How will that be displayed in SMF4Mobile ?

Illori

• Global moderator
Re: How are Multicolum-Forums displayed ?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 09:46:22 am »
most of the time portal features should be disabled on mobile themes as they take up too much space on a mobile device.

Broxi

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 10:14:08 am »
Well, i've not seen any theme-dependend activation of EzPortal just now. I think that would be a feature of EzPortal if available, but i could not find it anywhere. So SMF4Mobile won't work with EzPortal when using multi-columns ?

Illori

• Global moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 11:15:07 am »
with other portals there is code already built into the theme to disable the portal, ezportal does not have that code in the theme yet and i dont know if similar exists for it.

Illori

• Global moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 11:26:21 am »
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=271882.msg3218008#msg3218008 and the reply down 2 looks like it would disable ezportal for the mobile theme.

so the code could not be applied to the theme but to the portal instead.

Broxi

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 01:01:08 pm »
I will give it a try. Maybe i will have enough time to spend patching EzPortal for SMF4Mobile. Just subscribed for a license.

Dragooon

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 08:14:55 am »
I will give it a try. Maybe i will have enough time to spend patching EzPortal for SMF4Mobile. Just subscribed for a license.
You can ask in the customer area along with a copy of your files, I or someone else will do it for you :). Welcome aboard.

Illori

• Global moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 09:29:20 am »
You can ask in the customer area along with a copy of your files, I or someone else will do it for you :). Welcome aboard.

actually if you read the link provided above the change has to be made in the EzPortal files not the theme files, although we may be able to do the edit, it may be best for the OP to test it out themselves as the files are not part of the theme.