Author Topic: SMF4Mobile 1.1 released along with a site re-design!  (Read 20786 times)

Dragooon

SMF4Mobile 1.1 released along with a site re-design!
« on: December 30, 2012, 03:11:32 pm »

SMF4Mobile 1.0's final release was made more than a year ago, and while there have been private releases of newer versions of SMF4Mobile, I never actually managed to release a fully stable package that one could use without worries on their site. Well, this changes now. SMF4Mobile 1.1 is being made available to existing and new customers immediately. This new release can be immediately downloaded from Media section of the Forums once you're a customer. The live demo on this site has also been updated to latest 1.1 release, feel free to try it out.

The release is branched off 1.0 and focuses on improving the overall experience without drastically changing the interface, an even greater emphasis is put on speed and optimisation. A brief changelog is mentioned below:

• Upgraded jQuery Mobile to 1.2.0 and jQuery to 1.8.3, this brings significant improvements to compatibility with devices, experience and performance of the theme
  • Simplified templates to utilise more area on screen and be less heavy for browsers to render
  • Added full support for RTL languages
  • Added (partial) support for Moderation Center, you can view and manage reports, unapproved posts and topics
  • Added support to issue a warning to an user via profile
  • Improvements to BoardIndex, making the categories a collapsible sets to allow easier navigation on larger forums
  • Several major and minor improvements to various templates
  • Improvements to navigation, a full page style navigation is implemented for iOS and Android (other devices retain the previous select navigation). It is also duplicated on the header to allow easier access
  • Minor bug fixes and improvements as usual with every release

Along with this release I'm also introducing a site redesign which allows me to have a greater visibility of the theme itself, the entire site is shifting focus solely to this theme.

I hope you enjoy this theme and am looking forward for feedback.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 01:00:50 am by Dragooon »

spiros

• Greek Translation
Re: SMF4Mobile 1.1 released along with a site re-design!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 03:51:17 pm »
Well done, Dragooon, you are a release machine these past few days :)

Pause

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 04:05:57 pm »
Very nice, well done.  :D

Xansen

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 04:28:10 pm »
Thanks for good work!
Happy new year! ;D

Dragooon

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 12:56:23 am »
Thank you :)

rohu

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 12:55:12 am »
congratulations, very good looking theme, usability is impressive! a thing I am not sure about is that after removing theme 1.0.1 and installing 1.1 instead is that the menu item 'media' disappeared. cannot find it any more. use opera mini on android. how to access the albums?  what do i miss?
thanks in advance
kind regards from Austria & happy new year

Dragooon

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 01:04:33 am »
congratulations, very good looking theme, usability is impressive! a thing I am not sure about is that after removing theme 1.0.1 and installing 1.1 instead is that the menu item 'media' disappeared. cannot find it any more. use opera mini on android. how to access the albums?  what do i miss?
thanks in advance
kind regards from Austria & happy new year

You can ask theme specific questions in customer area, but it should be in the navigation on top right. If you're still having this problem post in the customer area.

EDIT: Resolved this issue, was a minor bug in the theme. Fixed :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:58:39 am by Dragooon »

Chris

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 08:30:59 am »
Good job, Dragooon!

Thanks to you, i can finally use this compatible to my phone!